[FFmpeg-user] [Ask] Distributing ffmpeg.exe with my freeware

Broto Suseno broto_suseno at msn.com
Fri Mar 1 07:01:25 CET 2013

Hi,
I am developing BS FAG using FFmpeg and mp3gain. It is a Windows freeware for fixing audio gain in video files. Many users like this program on softpedia.com, freewarefiles.com, and other sites. I receive positive feedbacks but also one complaint. The complaint is they need to download FFmpeg and mp3gain before they can use BS FAG to get FFmpeg.exe and mp3gain.exe. Currently my software distribution doesn't include both in.
I've read FFmpeg Legal page but still not sure. I don't use dynamic linking to FFmpeg DLLs. Just capturing console output from running those EXEs. Seems ffmpeg.exe Windows build has all the libraries inside. I already put Windows build FFmpeg from FFmpeg Zeranoe and mp3gain from sourceforge in my website so the users could get the softwares from there.
BS FAG page:https://sites.google.com/site/bsprograms/the-programs/bs-fag
Perhaps this has been asked many time here, but I don't know how to browse older messages.
1. Can I include only ffmpeg.exe and mp3gain.exe in my freeware distribution?2. Should I distribute the whole FFmpeg and mp3gain distribution packages instead of hosting the complete FFmpeg and mp3gain distrbution packages in my website? 2. What should I do so I would not break licenses of FFmpeg and mp3gain? 3. I can embed both ffmpeg.exe and mp3gain.exe inside my software's EXE. They'll be extracted and executed on-the-fly. Is this method legal?
PS: Perhaps, it's not proper to ask about mp3gain in here but maybe any members can share their experience.
Please, advice.

TIA,
BS Programshttps://sites.google.com/site/bsprograms/