[FFmpeg-user] [Ask] Distributing ffmpeg.exe with my freeware

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Mar 1 10:47:55 CET 2013

Broto Suseno <broto_suseno <at> msn.com> writes:

> Are you saying I should to include the whole package in my
> software distribution?

I am saying (and while I don't think it was unclear please note
that I am not a native English speaker) that if you distribute
ffmpeg.exe you have to also distribute the (exact!) sources
that were used to compile ffmpeg.exe: You have to "accompany"
your distribution of ffmpeg.exe with the sources.
The FFmpeg developers in the past have always accepted
"equivalent access" to the sources as a way of fulfilling this
requirement.

Carl Eugen