[FFmpeg-user] problem with make while attempting to build git clone of ffmpeg on OS X 10.6.8

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Mar 5 23:04:57 CET 2013

Paul Sturbaum <psturbs <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > Could you confirm that with current git head,
> > the following works fine:
> > $ ./configure && make
>
> NO.

Please update to current git head.

You will also have to update to test my patch.
To repeat:
Above command line should work with current git head,
"./configure --enable-iconv && make ffmpeg" fails at
linking stage (I suspect), my patch should guarantee
that it already fails at configure (which would be
expected behaviour).

Sorry to bother you, no developer seems to have OSX
(or nobody wants to test), my OSX box is ~10 years
old and does not have the problem (possibly because
I deleted the second libiconv some time ago).

If anybody else wants to help, please feel free!

Thank you, Carl Eugen

Here is a non-mangled version of my patch:
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2013-March/139944.html