[FFmpeg-user] Convert AAC ADTS to wav

Natas Anderson natas.anderson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 18:17:18 CET 2013

Hi there,

I'm having problems converting an AAC ADTS file to wav with ffmpeg.

the input file is

Format                                   : ADTS
Format/Info                              : Audio Data Transport Stream
File size                                : 478 KiB
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable

Audio
Format                                   : AAC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec
Format version                           : Version 4
Format profile                           : LC
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L R
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 478 KiB (100%)

if I do ffmpeg -i I have the following

$ ffmpeg -i output.ts
ffmpeg version N-50515-g28adecf Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg
developers  built on Mar  6 2013 00:35:40 with gcc 4.7.2 (GCC)
[aac @ 000000000032b760] channel element 0.1 is not allocated
    Last message repeated 1405 times
[aac @ 0000000000327640] decoding for stream 0 failed
[aac @ 0000000000327640] Could not find codec parameters for stream 0
(Audio: aac, mono, fltp, 123 kb/s): unspecified sample rate
Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize'
options
[aac @ 0000000000327640] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be
inaccurate
output.ts: could not find codec parameters

I've tried also increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and
'probesize' without any luck.

The same if I try to convert the file to wav or something else.

Any Idea on how to convert it?

Thanks,

Natas