[FFmpeg-user] http mjpeg stream capture

faisal k.m.a faisalkma at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 04:28:22 CET 2013

Hi,

I am trying to capture frames from an http URL which streams a mjpeg video.
My expectation is to get exactly 2 frames per second. I used the following
command to extract frames

ffmpeg -f mjpeg -i <http URL> -r 2 images\image%03d.jpg -t 600

I have 3 questions related to this

After trying out some time I saw that the expected 2 frames per second is
not
consistent. Some times it gives 1 frame at particular second in another
instance it
is 3 frames.

*1. Is there any way with 100% accuracy to capture frames at a constant
rate for a specific duration?*

The next question is about the frame capturing time stamp displayed in the
command line after executing
ffmpeg command. It seems not for all the frames the information is
displayed by ffmpeg.
*
2. How can I force ffmpeg to show accurate time stamp information for each
and every frame?
*
*3. Is it possible to display the exact system time(of the PC in which
command is executed)* *at the time of
    each capture?
*
Thanks