[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg option help

Soho Soho123 soho123.2012 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 04:30:51 CET 2013

Hi, All,

I am confued about ffmpeg options :
copyinkf
copypriorss

is there any example about usage of them?
if I would like to do stream copy from h264 webCam,
the commandline I tried:
ffmpeg  -loglevel debug  -f video4linux2 -r 10 -s 640x480
-input_format h264 -i /dev/video1  -vcodec copy
http://localhost:8090/feed1.ffm

how to add the options that I mentioned above to the command line?

in the c code ffmpeg.c,
I see the check in function do_streamcopy,

 if ((!ost->frame_number && !(pkt->flags & AV_PKT_FLAG_KEY)) &&
        !ost->copy_initial_nonkeyframes){
        return;
    }
    if (!ost->frame_number && ist->pts < of->start_time &&
        !ost->copy_prior_start){
        return;
    }

the value :
ost->copy_initial_nonkeyframes ===>0
ost->copy_prior_start ====> 0

then do_streamcopy does not do streamcopy and return directly,

I would like to set them to 1 , to force stream copy,
Does anyone have ideas?