[FFmpeg-user] Shell_exec suddenly stop working in Php code

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed May 1 12:59:39 CEST 2013

shell_exec() = PHP

if it does not work -> PHP problem, not ffmpeg

maybe the hoster recognized that shell_exec() was not disabled
on the unix machine as you said in your yesterdays thread and
now he fixed the server configuration, stop to insist in calling
shell commmands from web-server processes, this is a broken idea
and only possible if the server-admin was an idiot

a 500 error after a php command is as i explained you yesterday
a FTAL ERROR on the php-side and you need to CONTACT YOUR SERVER
ADMIN and even if it would be a problem with the ffmpeg-command
you refused to post the command, but as said: unlikely

> Is there any settings required in ffmpeg configurations

there are no "ffmpeg configurations", you have a commandline with params