[FFmpeg-user] Invalid data found when processing input

Sumesh P.T. sumesh_pt at yahoo.com
Sat May 4 12:05:43 CEST 2013

Dear Carl,

Thank you for your message. It works with newer versions. However the output I get has blank frames. I did ffmpeg -i input.avi ouput.avi. Since I didnt give any specifications it should have just converted by taking all the specifications of the input file. Doesn't it do that? Do I need to specify the codec also? How do I find the right one? Could you please help me with this? I tried attaching the input and output videos, but the email didn't go through.

Thanks a lot,
sumesh