[FFmpeg-user] Decode Dolby Pro Logic II

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Thu May 9 11:29:30 CEST 2013

On 09-05-13 11:21, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> On 5/9/13, Martijn van Beurden <mvanb1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I couldn't find any clues on this. Strange, that it is able to encode
>> but not to decode?
> You sure you are not mixing codec with downmixing?

Uhm... what do you mean by that? I'll try to be clearer.

According to the download page, these files have to be played with a
Dolby Pro Logic II-compatible system. They look just like normal stereo
files to me (i.e. no AC3 or DTS) so I guess they're matrix
encoded/downmixed. As I don't have hardware with Dolby Pro Logic II, I
would like to 'upmix' this in software, so I can play it properly. It
found a downmix option in ffmpeg, but no upmix option.

Anyone, who knows more about this?