[FFmpeg-user] Converting MPEG-2 TS segments into MP4 fragments

Tom Distler tom.distler at gmail.com
Mon May 13 21:30:06 CEST 2013

> I guess concat demuxer does what you need.

Unfortunately, I'm not looking to concatenate all the segments into a
single file. I'm looking to generate a 1:1 relationship between seg*.ts ->
seg*.m4v... i.e. if I have 100 TS segment files, I want 100 MP4 fragment
files, but all those fragment files to be part of the same "movie" (i.e.
associated w/ a single 'moov' description).

Ultimately, my goal is generate the following:

seg001.ts -> init.mp4 (w/ 'moov' box) and seg001.m4s ('moof')
seg002.ts -> seg002.m4s ('moof')
seg003.ts -> seg003.m4s ('moof')
etc