[FFmpeg-user] How to determine progression

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat May 18 23:21:23 CEST 2013

Am 18.05.2013 23:18, schrieb Albert Scholtalbers:
>> you are aware that security relevant bugfixes arehappening very often for
> video related software?
>> we write the year 2013
>> the times of "i do not update for years" are long gone
>
> I mean I do upgrade the OS (Ubuntu) regular. I was talking about the ffmpeg
> application itself

obviously you have no plan or how do you imagine a ffmpeg binary
linked against a tons of libraries will work without upgrade itself
after a dist-upgrade?

hint: it can't can you can not link *all* static and even if you
could you should not becasue these libraries may get security
updates too and mostly will