[FFmpeg-user] Ffmpeg accessing gnome-keyring - Am I pwned?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue May 28 09:15:09 CEST 2013

mind builder <mindbuilder2 <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> I'm using ffmpeg version 0.8.6-6:0.8.6-0ubuntu0.12.10.1

I cannot answer your original question (I don't know) but
please understand that the creators of this intentionally
broken version of FFmpeg claim that it is exploitable.
(Debian and Ubuntu apparently do not care about security,
there are rumors that the same is nowadays true for vlc.)

Please see http://ffmpeg.org/download.html for supported
versions.

Carl Eugen