[FFmpeg-user] Confusion about fieldmatch, decimate and framerate (now with yadif)

Nicholas Robbins nickrobbins at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 21 01:07:48 CET 2013

On Wed, 11/20/13, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-user] Confusion about fieldmatch, decimate and framerate (now with yadif)
 To: ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org
 Date: Wednesday, November 20, 2013, 7:02 PM

 Nicholas Robbins <nickrobbins
 <at> yahoo.com> writes:

 > The video in question is a TV miniseries made in the
 > UK (Terry Pratchett's "Going Postal"). However, since
 > i live in region 1, I assume it was remastered for
 > the US. So I don't know how it wandered around 24p
 > 25i, and 30i in the production stream.

 As said, I don't know very much about it but I suspect
 it was an interlaced stream at some point, and was
 telecined later (50i -> 29.97 telecined).

 [...]

 > I could dig it out of storage to see if I get different

 > results from the original. Would that be helpful?

 Imo, that would be very helpful!
 Ideally, you would run the following on the original DVD:
 $ mplayer dvd:// -dumpstream
 or
 $ mplayer dvdnav:// -dumpstream

 The resulting file can be cut with dd, a few minutes
 that allow to see A/V sync would be great!
 (Perhaps including the scene you already provided.)

 I can then report the problem to the fieldmatch
 maintainer;-)

 Thank you, Carl Eugen
 --------

Will do, but don't expect anything until December, I'm leaving in the AM to go on holiday for a week.

-Nick Robbins