[FFmpeg-user] RTSP Streaming FFMPEG -> VLC etc.

rick at jvr.nl rick at jvr.nl
Mon Nov 25 12:33:07 CET 2013

Hey there!

Recently i've been trying FFMpeg (windows os) and so far i'm very positive
about the possibilities of this program! I have allready succesfully encoded
video's from format A to B without issue and now i am trying to create a
multicast RTP stream.

This actually works quite well by copying / pasting the SDP output to
notepad and saveing it as SDP. I can open this on local LAN from any client
pc. However, these SDP files are only compatible with FFPLAY. VLC and
Mplayer both won't work. Is there any workaround for this? I've been using
my google-foo to the max past 2 weeks trying to get this to work..

Goal is:

Blackmagic Decklink SDI card -> ffmpeg libx264/libmp3lame or aac ->
Multicast LAN
and
Blackmagic Decklink SDI card -> ffmpeg libx264/libmp3lame or aac -> Internet

I know there are many options for bitrate etc. But right now i just want to
focus on a basic stream. hence, file input.
I really am curious if there are possibilities to let the FFmpeg SDP output
work with VLC.
Should you need log outputs etc. please let me know!

Kind regards,
Rick van der Boor