[FFmpeg-user] MPEG-TS PCR Accuracy over +-500ns

袁竞杰 yuanjingjie1987 at 126.com
Tue Nov 26 12:55:00 CET 2013

 I used muxrate and got 20ms  PCR interval too,but PCR accuracy is over +-500ns.
Reading  source code in mpegtsenc.c ,I find muxrate is used to count PCR.
Since null packet are added to keep muxrate stable, it seems no reason PCR is inaccuracy.
Where does the jitter come from? Please give me some advice, if anyone knows.

When forcing CBR , bitrate is jitter too.
So we have to set a higher muxrate,and add more null packet to keep muxrate constant,it wastes some bandwidth.