[FFmpeg-user] ERROR: libass not found although I install it

SrApy srapy at msn.com
Wed Oct 2 12:16:52 CEST 2013

Yes I got the exact same error when I run$ pkg-config --exists --print-errors libass
do you know how to fix it?

Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 01:58:11 -0700
From: ml-node+s933282n4661557h77 at n4.nabble.com
To: srapy at msn.com
Subject: Re: ERROR: libass not found although I install it

	SrApy <srapy <at> msn.com> writes:

> this is the last few lines in config.log

> pkg-config --exists --print-errors libass

> Package libass was not found in the pkg-config search path.

> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libass.pc'

> No package 'libass' found

I assume that you get the exact same error message if you

type:

$ pkg-config --exists --print-errors libass

You will have to fix that if you want to use libass from

FFmpeg. I suspect it is possible to change FFmpeg so that

pkg-config will be unneeded but this will need an

explanation why it doesn't work for you.

Carl Eugen

		http://ffmpeg-users.933282.n4.nabble.com/ERROR-libass-not-found-although-I-install-it-tp4661468p4661557.html

		To unsubscribe from ERROR: libass not found although I install it, click here.

		NAML