[FFmpeg-user] Install updates through git

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Oct 9 00:09:14 CEST 2013

Elliott Balsley <elliottbalsley <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Is there some way to configure the new installation
> using the exact same parameters as my current
> installation?

Assuming "installation" means an existing git checkout:
$ git pull && make config

If you meant that you want your custom FFmpeg build to
have the same configuration as the installed version
(that you did not build yourself) just run "ffmpeg",
all sane versions show the configuration, no option
needed.

In case you don't know and if you are worried about
your existing system configuration: You don't have to
install FFmpeg, the default build works fine from its
build directory.

Carl Eugen