[FFmpeg-user] Unable to parse option value "-1" as pixel format

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Wed Oct 9 02:07:56 CEST 2013

On Tue, 8 Oct 2013 16:21:48 -0700
István <leccine+szopjalki at gmail.com> wrote:

> You did not answer my question though... Anyways, the solution is for
> future reference:

I answered your question. Did you miss it? Scroll to the bottom of my

1.2.4 does not contain libavcodec/g2meet.c, so I assumed it is too old
to decode your input. However, I may be incorrect and I did not test
this time.

It would have been most useful if you would have supplied the input if
this was possible for you to do.

> ffmpeg's error messages are totally useless because those have nothing to
> do with the actual error

In your case the message could be better (if I am correct in assuming
that g2m decoding is not possible with 1.2.4), but your point may be
somewhat moot if recent ffmpeg works as expected.

Please do not top-post on this mailing list.