[FFmpeg-user] Changing DAR ?

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 10 12:34:33 CEST 2013

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 2:31 AM, Ronald F. Guilmette
<rfg at tristatelogic.com> wrote:

> In message <loom.20131010T023514-790 at post.gmane.org>,
> Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
>
>>Ronald F. Guilmette <rfg <at> tristatelogic.com> writes:
>>
>>> Actually, you already _have_ helped me a great deal,
>>> just by informing me that the "-acodec copy" option
>>> is fundamentally incompatible with the -vf option...
>>
>>This is not correct.
>
> Uhhhhhhh... excuse me???  Come again?
>
> There was some guy using your e-mail address who just recently posted
> the following to this very mailing list:
>
>>This cannot work: Video filters ("vf") don't work with
>>-vcodec copy.
>
> Was that not you who posted that?  Did someone hijack your e-mail account?
>
> Sorry, I don't mean to be flip, but you really have succeeded in
> confusing me.  First you say that "-acodec copy" and -vf don't
> work together, and then, when I repeat what seems like that exact
> same thing you said, you tell me I'm wrong.

Different letters have different meanings.

Carl said "VIDEO filters (-vf) dont work with -VCODEC copy".

You said "-ACODEC copy is fundamentally incompatible with -vf"

acodec is not the same as vcodec. Carl did not say "-acodec copy" and
-vf do not work together, you did.

I assume you meant to say "vcodec", but it is not what you wrote.

Cheers

Tom