[FFmpeg-user] Use cropdetect only every xth frame

Gerion Entrup gerion.entrup at t-online.de
Sat Oct 12 12:58:48 CEST 2013

Am Samstag, 12. Oktober 2013, 10:32:14 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> Gerion Entrup <gerion.entrup <at> t-online.de> writes:
> > > Complete, uncut console output missing.
> >
> > $ ffmpeg -skip_frame nokey -i test.mp4 -filter:v
> > select='not(mod(n\,10))',cropdetect -filter:a volumedetect
> > -map 0 -f null /dev/null 2>&1 | wc -l
> > 9939
> >
> > Very much ;). See http://pastebin.kde.org/phwvakpgq for
> > the complete output or shall I include it in the mail?
>
> Definitely.
> It is of course ok to trim the output. The problem is that
> at least the first 50 and the last 50 lines are needed,
> and that is what nearly everybody cuts, so I have to ask
> for "complete, uncut output" (but the "concealing" lines
> are of course less important if some of them are still
> visible.
Ok. I will try to paste meaningful :).

> Consider testing again without the filters, I cannot
> rule out that the filters take longer than the decoding.
I will do.

> After a quick look, I fear that a sample will be needed;-(
I first try it with other videos and codecs. Maybe this helps.
> While this is probably not the reason for your problem,
> you should really fix your configure line, or is that
> what Gentoo produces? It honestly looks broken...
This is that, what Gentoo produces :). These are my activated useflags:
X aac aacplus alsa bluray bzip2 cdio celt encode hardcoded-tables iconv jack
ladspa mmx mmxext mp3 network opus quvi sdl speex ssse3 theora threads
truetype vaapi vdpau vorbis vpx wavpack x264 xvid zlib

If you want to go deeper into this, take a look at
http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/media-video/ffmpeg/ffmpeg-9999.ebuild?view=markup
This is the ebuild, I use, to compile the Git Head. The configuration is done
in src_configure (ebuilds are shellscripts more less). If you can say, what
exactly look strange, I can also do this. The configuration seems to work so
far. I didn't have any problems.