[FFmpeg-user] how can I set limit_filesize or recording_time for the specific output dynamically?

Huang Soho soho123.2012 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 11:30:17 CEST 2013

Hi All,

how can I set limit_filesize or recording_time for the specific output?
Is it possible to set by "dynamically"?
for example:
if the command line is :
ffmpeg -sn -f video4linux2 -r 30 -s 1280x720 -input_format h264 -i
/dev/video1 -vcodec copy http://localhost:8090/feed2.ffm -vcodec copy
/var/tmp/usb/sda1/test1.ts

I can capture video from usb device, then output to feed2.ffm,
Can ffmpeg output the video and audio data to local file if there is the
specific event take place?
for example :
if the current time is match that user setup,
or motion detection is occur, ....etc....
and Can I set the limit file size or time duration for the specific output
file ?