[FFmpeg-user] Suspect memory leak in NUT muxer

Massimo Battistel battistel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 22:26:43 CEST 2013

I was joking when speaking about streaming, but not completely.

My real need is sending both audio and video through pipes (and this is not
very different from streaming in the end...). At present nut is the only
container that allows me to pass audio with no problems. If you have any
suggestion about a good container...

My final goal is sending ffmpeg output to decklink like that:

ffmpeg -i .... -f nut(or somewhat) - | bmdplay ...

thanks

2013/10/18 Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com>

> On 10/18/13, Massimo Battistel <battistel at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> detected.

> >> nut allocates memory for sync points, so more frames more memory is
> >> needed.
> >>

> > Do you mean that there is no mem leak and what i've experienced is the
> > normal behaviour?
> > Ok, not a good container for 24/7 streaming :-)
>
> I guess those stuff that allocates memory could be disabled
> as index seek table is not very useful in streaming, and
> index table iirc is optional.
>
> So it should be relatively trivial to add such option to muxer,
> it just nobody come with idea of using nut for 24/7 streaming until now.
> (Better ever then never)
>

> > So what is the advantage of using nut over other containers?
> >
> > thanks

Massimo Battistel.