[FFmpeg-user] Image extraction broken with ffmpeg, but not with mencoder. How can I fix this?

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Tue Sep 3 13:58:09 CEST 2013

Le sextidi 16 fructidor, an CCXXI, James Board a écrit :
> So then what is it?  A feature?  You've got to be joking.
> This is the simplest possible video processing task: convert
> an uncomressed raw video file to the correct sequence of images.
>
> Don't complain when I still use mencoder for my video
> tasks.  If ffmpeg can't get the simplest of all possible video tasks
> right, that makes you wonder how many more things
> are incorrect, but people just don't notice.
>
> Are you really tryng to help?  CFR?  VFR?  The source is uncompressed
> raw video!  The output is (should be) a sequence of images, one for each
> frame in the input video.  Where does CFR or VFR even come into play?

Please stop being rude. Your input is not "uncompressed raw video", it is an
AVI file, you did not tell how it was generated and AVI is one of the worst
formats there is. Expect all sorts of problems.

In the future, maybe you will remember you should never work with frame
numbers but always with timestamps.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George