[FFmpeg-user] exact start/end extraction of an .mp4

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 12:12:10 CEST 2013

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 20:20:40 -0700
tracey jaquith wrote:

> So start with a keyframe and GOP, but some metadata, let's say, way to instruct to a client/player "yes, but seek 2.7 seconds in to start playback", etc.

I have read that you can use -ss time before the -i inputfile
to do the seek to keyframe, then -ss time again after the
input file to seek to a frame exact time.

It never worked for me on screwy files with seemingly busted
timing of some kind I fetched off my TiVo, but if you have
clean files it would probably work for you.