[FFmpeg-user] exact start/end extraction of an .mp4

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 15:37:06 CEST 2013

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 13:20:48 +0000 (UTC)
Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> > It never worked for me on screwy files with seemingly busted
> > timing
>
> Did you report this?
> Could you point me to a sample, I don't remember atm.

The files it fails on are all like multi-gig recordings
of Doctor Who from BBC America (and it did sometimes
work OK, it doesn't always fail, so it is something
specific to the individual files). I don't think I have
an example laying around anywhere right now (or would
really want to upload such a massive beast anyway).

Who knows what horrible things happen to the files
as cable companies insert ads, then TiVo does
a conversion from .ts to .ps as I download it
and decrypt it from the TiVo.