[FFmpeg-user] Draw original timecode on the output file

Ivaylo Spasov ivaylo.pif at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 10:20:57 CEST 2013

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> avi does not store pts, so depending on your use case
> you may want to replace pts with dts in your command
> line.
>
> Carl Eugen

When I replace pts with dts in the following command

ffmpeg -i input.avi -vsync passthrough -copyts -copytb 1 -vf
"scale=480:-1,drawtext=fontsize=18:fontfile=/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-dejavu/DejaVuSansMono-Bold.ttf:box=1:text='%{dts}':x=(w-text_w-5):y=(h-text_h-5)"
-c:v libx264 -preset ultrafast -threads 2 -crf 28 -c:a libfdk_aac -ac
2 RY.mp4

I get many times the following error:

[Parsed_drawtext_1 @ 0x988d520] %{dts} is not known
    Last message repeated 31 times
[Parsed_drawtext_1 @ 0x988d520] %{dts} is not known00:03.28
bitrate=1662.8kbits/s
    Last message repeated 85 times

and in the output file there is only the word "dts" printed, not
numbers of anykind. Do you know what is the reason for that?