[FFmpeg-user] Possible issue with asf muxer

Massimo Battistel battistel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 15:15:08 CEST 2014

> Do you have any indication that rawvideo and / or
> rawaudio are supported in asf?

Don't know if there is official doc about this, but I often do that with no
problems. Only the file I provided gives me issues.

> Do you have a sample or did you test the output
> with WMP?

The sample can be downloaded from here:
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/c466f4ad

Running the script I provided, you can generate the output file.

I've tested the output with ffplay and vlc 2.1.2. Both have problems with
asf and both are fine with avi, but with this sample only.

Another interesting information:
If you just remux to asf the output generated by script, you fix the issue:

ffmpeg -i intermission2.asf -c copy intermission3.asf

Output file (intermission3.asf) plays fine both on ffplay and vlc 2.1.2.

thanks,
MB