[FFmpeg-user] Problem Compiling ffmpeg

Alexander.Achleitner at zf.com Alexander.Achleitner at zf.com
Fri Apr 4 11:44:24 CEST 2014

Hi Carl,

maybe. The problem is that i don't know waht is missing for success. I use an Eclipse IDE
to develop for the arm AM335 controller. To compile the ffmpeg I use the compiler set
in the Eclipse project, but there are some options  (-O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0).
But I think they are not correlated with my problem. -O is for optimization, -g3  , -Wall is for suppress
warnings, -c  is for only compiling , -fmessage is for diagnostic message   from the gcc options.

All my Eclipse Qt projects are running on the AM335. But I really have problems
to compile the ffmpeg sources in Ubuntu for the AM335 target.
Second problem, what can I do with --croos-prefix ? There is no explanation for
this option.

When i start the make process, a lot of objects are created. That's ok.  But then,
the make stopps at this position,

MAN	doc/libswresample.3
MAN	doc/libavcodec.3
MAN	doc/libavformat.3
MAN	doc/libavdevice.3
MAN	doc/libavfilter.3
TXT	doc/fate.txt
CC	ffmpeg.o
ffmpeg.c: In function 'write_frame':
ffmpeg.c:592:9: warning: 'destruct' is deprecated (declared at ./libavcodec/avcodec.h:1140) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
ffmpeg.c: In function 'do_streamcopy':
ffmpeg.c:1562:5: warning: passing argument 2 of 'av_copy_packet_side_data' discards 'const' qualifier from pointer target type [enabled by default]
In file included from libavformat/avformat.h:255:0,
                 from ffmpeg.c:44:
./libavcodec/avcodec.h:3593:5: note: expected 'struct AVPacket *' but argument is of type 'const struct AVPacket *'
CC	cmdutils.o
CC	ffmpeg_opt.o
CC	ffmpeg_filter.o
LD	ffmpeg_g
CP	ffmpeg
STRIP	ffmpeg
strip: Unable to recognise the format of the input file `ffmpeg'
make: *** [ffmpeg] Error 1

Regards,

Alexander Achleitner