[FFmpeg-user] Could segments from one mpg have different audio offsets?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 00:11:23 CEST 2014

On Sun, 6 Apr 2014 21:28:12 +0000 (UTC)
Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> > Every so often, I'll find each individual chunk plays
> > flawlessly, but when I use the concat filter to stick
> > them all together, I wind up with audio sync problems
> > in the resulting concatenated video.
>
> How can I reproduce this?

It seems to depend entirely on the source material.

I use the same scripts and commands for every show I
archive, but every once in a while I see it happen.
I don't have any examples of it laying around at the
moment, I was just wondering if there were any ideas
(or even known problems) that might cause it.

What does the concat filter do if the files being
concatenated have different offsets?