[FFmpeg-user] Libav (Avconv) Imposition on Users who want FFmpeg

miro.rovis at croatiafidelis.hr miro.rovis at croatiafidelis.hr
Wed Apr 23 23:44:17 CEST 2014

On 2014-04-23 23:23, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> <miro.rovis <at> croatiafidelis.hr> writes:
>
>> Well, I hope that Gentoo devs are reading this
>
> (Why should they?)
>
>> But it would be great if some of the FFmpeg leaders or
>> if you have a board or council or somesuch, sent a request
>> that you want the name FFmpeg for FFmpeg so users are not
>> fooled like I was.
>
> You may misunderstand:
> I stopped counting the number of requests and similar that
> were sent by the FFmpeg project leader and developers a
> very long time ago...
>
>> Such formal requests are never very easily disregarded, IIUC.
>
> I hate to tell you but you are - unfortunately - wrong!
>
> Carl Eugen

I see. Sad.
Another sad thing: something somehow made this your reply above on the
thread, and from the archived mail of mine to which this above is your
reply aooear wrongly.

What I mean is,
look at the thread:
https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2014-April/thread.html
and open the currently last two (not others, other are OK):

[FFmpeg-user] Libav (Avconv) Imposition on Users who want FFmpeg
miro.rovis at croatiafidelis.hr
[FFmpeg-user] Libav (Avconv) Imposition on Users who want FFmpeg   Carl
Eugen Hoyos
[FFmpeg-user] Libav (Avconv) Imposition on Users who want FFmpeg   John
Finlay
[FFmpeg-user] Libav (Avconv) Imposition on Users who want FFmpeg
miro.rovis at croatiafidelis.hr
[FFmpeg-user] Libav (Avconv) Imposition on Users who want FFmpeg   Carl
Eugen Hoyos

I can't represent this better, sorry.
Again, open just the last two, the mine and yours.
Mine appears correctly as:
https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2014-April/021048.html

buy what I see under yours is:
https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2014-April/021049.html
from the thread

and, if I open (which in this demonstration I suggest to open) mine,
and click on the next message from that mine, I see again:

what opened up for me from the thread page:

https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2014-April/021049.html

But that is not this reply of yours, no.

I'm pasting what opens to me:

PASTE START
[FFmpeg-user] Libav (Avconv) Imposition on Users who want FFmpeg
Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Apr 23 23:14:27 CEST 2014