[FFmpeg-user] Can ffmpeg overlay time indexed text?

Michael LeSauvage the.el.tea at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 04:16:28 CEST 2014

New user question.  I did searches on this but only found discussions back
from 2011.

I have a video and a file of related data that is time indexed relative to
the video.  It's Excel data now, but I can make it any arbitrary format -
probably something like <vid time>, <data1>, <data2>

The data is not linear and cannot be normalized.  So there might be a data
points at 20.210  |  20.215  |  20.230  | 22.205 for example.

I would like the data for each data point overlaid on video, remaining on
the screen until replaced by the next data point.

Is this a capability I could find in ffmpeg?

Mike