[FFmpeg-user] Stripping 'actual time of day' from AVI files

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Fri Apr 25 20:28:53 CEST 2014

On Fri, 25 Apr 2014 13:29:21 -0400
Katherine Yee <katherinegyee at gmail.com> wrote:

> To Whom This May Concern,
>
> I was wondering if you knew a way to (I'm not sure if I am wording this
> correctly) extract the 'time of day' off of .AVI files. It is apparently
> embedded in the audio. I currently use SMPTE to monitor the time, so I know
> it's there, but I need to extract ​the time (and navigation), preferably in
> a .txt or .doc file, that is embedded in the file. All the different
> scripts that I use through ffmpeg only give me a start: 0.0000000 and
> duration: 00:01:23:83. Can this be even done? Any kind of help would be
> very much appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Katherine

Please provide a short sample if possible.

I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to, but does the audio sound
like noise? I ask because I have some samples that, if I recall
correctly, contain linear timecode within a channel of the audio stream:

http://avmule.com/samples/deltasub.mp3

Turn your audio down before playing.