[FFmpeg-user] AVFoundation under Mac OS 10.7.5

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Apr 29 12:25:24 CEST 2014

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 07:28:15 +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Moritz Barsnick <barsnick <at> gmx.net> writes:
>
> > I am missing some explicit message from
> > ./configure saying "device avfoundation failed"
> > or the likes though.
>
> That would be very annoying for users of Linux,
> *BSD, OSX 10.5 etc. ...

Okay, so let me rephrase that:

a) A feature was explicitly requested (though I agree this is
debatable), and cannot be fulfilled. A note - in order to avoid the
word "error message" seems appropriate.

I just noticed that avfoundation is being checked either way, whether I
explicitly --enable it or not. Which is okay.

b) ./configure is testing for certain features. I see errors in the
log, but can't easily decode which feature was being tested and what
the result was. I'm thinking in terms of autoconf: "Checking for ...
not found."

That's all I was trying to say. :-)

Regards,
Moritz