[FFmpeg-user] Help with command line syntax change for flags

Oliver Fromme oliver at fromme.com
Fri Aug 1 11:24:55 CEST 2014

Robert Krüger wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I have an old command line using "-flags2 +ivlc+sgop+non_linear_q".
 > The syntax was changed a while ago, I think with mpeg-specific flags
 > moving to -mpv_flags.
 >
 > I have not found (maybe I just missed it) in the docs how that would
 > translate into current syntax. Could someone help me out?

It's true, the documentation isn't very helpful in this case.

The ilvc flag has been replaced by the -intra_vlc option, and
the non_linear_q flag has been replaced by -non_linear_quant.
As for sgop, I'm not sure.  It's deprecated as a flag, but it
might still work.  Additionally you might have to set the scene
change threshold to a very high value:  -sc_threshold 1000000000

Best regards
   Oliver

--
``We are all but compressed light'' (Albert Einstein)

Donations: http://www.amazon.de/wishlist/A0LHFK68RV8S