[FFmpeg-user] How to resolve “ERROR: libx264 not found”?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Aug 1 15:38:45 CEST 2014

David Varghese <davidvrgh <at> gmail.com> writes:

> build_one{./configure

What is "build_one" and why are you using it?
Do you know of any deficiencies in our
configure script? Please report them!

> \--sysroot=$SYSROOT

> But when I run the script I'm getting error
> "ERROR: libx264 not found" .

Is this the only output you see or is there
anything else printed?

> After libx264 installation I have libx264.so file in
> /usr/local/lib executable at /usr/local/bin and header
> files at /usr/local/include directories .

I am really no cross-compilation expert but I would
have expected your cross x264 somewhere in $SYSROOT
above.

> What all changes do I need to make to the ffmpeg
> build script in-order to make it detect libx264?

What script do you mean here?

Carl Eugen