[FFmpeg-user] Help with HTTP Streaming FFMPEG

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sat Aug 2 19:54:51 CEST 2014

On Sat, Aug 02, 2014 at 20:02:10 +0500, Farrukh Javed wrote:

> I am trying to stream an mpg video over an http server using ffmepg.
> I initiate the ffserver and run the following command at the
> client:ffmpeg -i http://localhost:10212/Stream.mpg -y Sample.mpgBut
> the Sample.mpg file is far less qualtiy and much smaller than the
> 480p.mpg file. I want the exact same 480p.mpg file with the same file
> size, bit rate, ratio, fps etc.

Your question has already been answered here when you asked last time:
If the default conversion parameters provide too low quality for you,
you must change them. In your case, in order to get the _exact same_
characteristics, just make sure you copy the stream by adding:
 -c copy
or
 -c:v copy
(for preserving only the video).