[FFmpeg-user] Unable to build FFMPEG on Windows7 (64bit)

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Aug 4 16:21:49 CEST 2014

Nitesh Upadhyay <nupadhyay <at> raveinfosys.com> writes:

> I am trying to build FFMPEG on my windows machine

Your configure line - that should have been part of
your email to make our analysis significantly easier
- contains the following:

--prefix=/cygdrive/d/android-ndk/...  --target-os=windows

I am neither an expert for Windows nor for Android
but I would expect that this cannot work.

The end of config.log is:
./configure: line 789: ~D:android-ndkandroid-ndk-r10/
toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/prebuilt/windows-x86_64/
bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc: No such file or directory
C compiler test failed.

You will have to fix this to build FFmpeg.

Unrelated: There is a configure option --disable-programs
that you seem not to know about and at least
"--extra-ldflags=" doesn't look like a good idea to me.

Carl Eugen