[FFmpeg-user] Any better documentation?

Stephen Ho stephenho88 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 08:48:19 CEST 2014

Hi,

I was introduced to this wonderful program, but I find it very hard to use,
and the pdf document I paid $9.95 is not very helpful. can't find the man
page either.

I did this command   ffmpeg -i abc.mp4 -f hevc abc.avi   got my file size
to 5% of the original, and the resolution is really bad and no sound.

Then I did  ffmpeg -i abc.mp4 -f h264 abc.avi and the file size is 45%, the
video resolution is great (like the input file), but still no sound.

What did I do wrong?

My purpose is to keep everything the same, resolution same, but use a
different compression engine to safe disk space.....

anything I can read to get a better understand to the command line syntax?

  *Stephen Ho *