[FFmpeg-user] How to integrate shared object file of libx264 while using ffmpeg for android?

David Varghese davidvrgh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 13:14:45 CEST 2014

Thanks .

I have edited the actual configure file by replacing the following lines ,

SLIBNAME_WITH_MAJOR='$(SLIBNAME).$(LIBMAJOR)'

 LIB_INSTALL_EXTRA_CMD='$$(RANLIB) "$(LIBDIR)/$(LIBNAME)"'

 SLIB_INSTALL_NAME='$(SLIBNAME_WITH_VERSION)'

 SLIB_INSTALL_LINKS='$(SLIBNAME_WITH_MAJOR) $(SLIBNAME)'

with the below lines,

SLIBNAME_WITH_MAJOR='$(SLIBPREF)$(FULLNAME)-$(LIBMAJOR)$(SLIBSUF)'

LIB_INSTALL_EXTRA_CMD='$$(RANLIB) "$(LIBDIR)/$(LIBNAME)"'

SLIB_INSTALL_NAME='$(SLIBNAME_WITH_MAJOR)'

SLIB_INSTALL_LINKS='$(SLIBNAME)'

My intention was to generate shared object files with extension <library
name - version>.so rather than with the extension format
libavcodec.so.<version> . This is because android's binary generating
system only supports .so format .

When running ffmpeg configure with --enable-libx264 option the generated
shared object files (eg : libavutil) has dynamic dependency with
libx264.so.<version> . But I want to make this dependency to <library
name>.so extension format so that android binary packaging system will be
able to package shared object for libx264 .

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 4:22 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> David Varghese <davidvrgh <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > 2) Build ffmpeg v 2.3
>
> If you need support on this mailing list, please
> provide the actual configure line you are using
> (not an external script) and the problem you have
> with that configure line.
> If you believe that our configure script misses
> some feature necessary for a particular OS (like
> Android) please report this here!
>
> If you have problems building x264, I am not sure
> this is the right place to ask.
>
> Carl Eugen

Thanks and Regards ,
David Varghese