[FFmpeg-user] problems with vob to mkv

Nicholas Robbins nickrobbins at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 10 17:20:31 CEST 2014

> On Sunday, August 10, 2014 10:55 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> > Nicholas Robbins <nickrobbins-at-yahoo.com <at> ffmpeg.org> writes:
>

>>  I found that ffmpeg couldn't find the subtitles
>>  or chapters in the dumpstream properly.
>
> Command line and complete, uncut console output
> missing / please specify very large values for
> probesize and analyzeduration.

I would be happy to do so if I wanted help getting ffmpeg to do this, however, given the next quote, it isn't the tool for this task for me. Also, as I said, it may have been fixed by the larger probesize/analyzeduration fixes which I've seen go across the -devel list.

>>  Plus using mplayer -dumpstream doesn't solve the
>>  problem of figuring out which stream to dump.
>
> That is probably true.
> Although at least for some DVDs mplayer dvd://
> chooses the right track iirc.
>
> Carl Eugen

makemkvcon has worked for all of the dvd's I've thrown at it. So I'm sticking with it. Plus it doesn't have the problems of ticket 3308.

-Nicholas Robbins

-Nick