[FFmpeg-user] Incorrect value in RIFF WAV byterate field in ffmpeg 0.10.x

Wilfried Weissmann wweissmann at realnetworks.com
Tue Aug 12 14:05:29 CEST 2014

> > Sorry, I was referring to the 0.10 branch. I would like to stay on
> > that branch to have a chance to get upstream versions from the
> > rpmfusion repository.
>
> Interesting. For EPEL/RHEL5 (that's what you were refering to?) I see
> ffmpeg 0.4.9.
>
> Actually:
> EPEL5: ffmpeg-0.4.9-0.52.20080908.el5.x86_64.rpm
> EPEL6: ffmpeg-0.10.11-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
> F19:   ffmpeg-1.2.7-1.fc19.x86_64.rpm
> F20:   ffmpeg-2.1.5-1.fc20.x86_64.rpm
> F21:   ffmpeg-2.3.1-1.fc21.x86_64.rpm
>
> It's be nice to get a newer bundle for your repo... I didn't manage to
> find any other repos though.

We rebuild the source rpm from the rpmfusion RHEL 6 repo on RHEL 5 by disabling any features that would not build on the older RHEL release. I would not mind having a newer release in the repos, but I needed a quick fix so I stayed on 0.10.x.
I do not own the rpmfusion repository neither am I a contributor.

Wilfried