[FFmpeg-user] Performance: MPEG2 decoder Multi-thread does not improve the performance

herryever henry.he at noovo.co
Tue Aug 19 11:04:59 CEST 2014

I'm trying the FFMPEG multi-thread decoding, I'm using the ffmpeg-2.3.1.
>From my test, the H264 Multi-thread decoding can improve the performance a
lot, but the MPEG2 video decoder can not benefit from the multi-thread.

I set the threads count by av_dict_set.
And from test, whether the threads count I set, the efficiency is not
improved.
But the H264 decoder can improve a lot comparing to thread count is one.

Can you give me some suggestion.