[FFmpeg-user] OBS multicast

Eric Lovelace Eric.Lovelace at msdmail.net
Thu Dec 4 19:12:45 CET 2014

Hello all,

My goal is to create a live stream using OBS and play it on many in-house machines using multicast.  Right now my attempt looks like:
[OBS] -> [nginx w/ rtmp module] -> [ffserver/ffmedia with rtp] -> [any client; I've tried vlc, quicktime, ffplay]

I keep running into issues and I haven't had much luck troubleshooting them, so I am curious if anyone has accomplished something similar and could share their setup.  Is this a good approach, or should I look in a different direction?

Thanks,
Eric