[FFmpeg-user] Horrible delay and A/V desync with screen recording

Zsolt dqeswn at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 15:15:14 CET 2014

Hello!

I have this problem with recording the desktop. Actual recording/encoding
only starts if something is outputting audio or something changes on the
screen. (Mouse movements don't count apparently, although it's set to show)
So I get a freeze frame for seconds, and whatever audio starts playing will
be horribly out of sync because the audio will start from the start with
the freezeframe and not when it was recorded.

This is under windows with "virtual-audio-capturer", which the only device
that captures audio worth a damn so far. It captures all eight channels and
at 48Khz tha way have it set in the driver. (Albeit with 16 bit instead of
24)
The others like "Stereo Mix (ASUS Xonar D1 Audio Device)" will capture some
sort of mangled 44.1Khz stereo which is also processed if I have Dolby
Headphone enabled for example.

Can I get ffmpeg to record instantly?