[FFmpeg-user] HEVC decoding from multicast

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 18:00:18 CET 2014

2014-02-05 Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at>:
> Andrey Utkin <andrey.krieger.utkin <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I think right solution would be to attach AVFormatContext
>> on UDP stream, an demux it until you have got AVPacket of
>> needed video stream, with AVPacket.flags & AV_PKT_FLAG_KEY
>
> Are you sure that for all valid hevc streams this flag will
> ever be set?

I am not sure in anything, i've just said about what i would try first.

> (This is not true for h264 where valid streams do not
> necessarily contain an I-frame.)

Interesting, didn't know. Is there a special name for such mode?

>> As a hint you could check AVPacket.flags for
>> AV_PKT_FLAG_CORRUPT
>
> Does this flag really have any relevance?
> (I don't mean for hevc streams but in the general case:
> When is it useful?)

mpegts demuxer sets this when PES packet is not percepted totally
correctly. AVFormatContext can be configured to discard them silently,
but by default they are returned from av_read_frame() amongst others.

--
Andrey Utkin