[FFmpeg-user] A/V sync issues & more with MediaPortal recording of ClearQAM

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Feb 6 20:28:42 CET 2014

Mr M <redpenguinmail <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > Could you confirm that this is a DVB recording, not
> > something put together by (possibly broken) software?

> For the software, it was only recorded with MediaPortal in ClearQAM,
> nothing changing since then.

(I wonder if this software - that I don't know - alters
the stream in any way.)

The problem is not video (size changes are nothing
unusual although FFmpeg will fix the output video
size to one constant size) but the audio:
Audio streams are switching between silent and
non-silent, and I have no idea how (and if) this
is signaled.

Carl Eugen