[FFmpeg-user] Reduce CPU usage to match VLC

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Feb 10 16:46:58 CET 2014

Am 10.02.2014 16:42, schrieb Loadlinx:
> Its an older CPU and i want to be able to transcode multiple streams. At
> 100% core use i can only do 4 streams.

try "-threads 1" to let ffmpeg only use one core
the 120% below indicates that it is a multicore CPU
and there is at least 20% of the second one in use

however, modern software is written for performance
and use the existing hardware ressources, you can
have more than one process at the same time per core