[FFmpeg-user] Reduce CPU usage to match VLC

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Feb 10 16:58:49 CET 2014

do you *think* that or have you tried it?

you can't calculate "booh CPU usage multiplied with cores gives streams"
the one and only question is if the overall load can handle
the streams without drop frames and how the OS will schedule
the threads and processes

the final goal is that any of your cores are 100% loaded and
nothing breaks down