[FFmpeg-user] Scaling up is pixelated

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Wed Feb 12 02:14:47 CET 2014

On Tue, 11 Feb 2014 08:54:15 -0800
Grant <emailgrant at gmail.com> wrote:

> My video drivers (omapfb) don't support scaling so I'm prescaling with ffmpeg:
>
> ffmpeg -i sample1.mp4 -filter:v scale=1360:-1 -sws_flags lanczos -c:a
> copy sample2.mp4
>
> The resultant file is very pixelated.  It makes sense that scaling up
> would result in pixelation, but how do hardware scalers avoid this?

Please include the complete ffmpeg console output, and any input samples
that are required for others to attempt to duplicate the issue. Note
that the mailing list has a message size limit of 250k.

I noticed that you sent your message to ffmpeg-user at mplayerhq.hu. Where
did you find this at? This is an old address, and although it still
works (for now) the current address is ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org.