[FFmpeg-user] Levels and Primaries

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Feb 12 11:18:53 CET 2014

Rio Kierkels <riokierkels <at> gmail.com> writes:

> The problem is that I still cannot with 100%
> certainty check what levels are written to disk.

I am not sure I understand:
Why can't you use hexdump / printf / openoffice?
(I unfortunately still don't know what kind of
output you want to check.)

Note that there is of course no "100% certainty"
(consider reading the FCP EULA)...

> And I'm not using libswscale explicitly but the
> -pix_fmt option, I think that in the background
> libswscale is called.

-pix_fmt is a synonym for -vf scale / -vf format,
you cannot call libswscale explicitely from ffmpeg
(the application).

> When my C++ coding skills are a bit better

(Note that FFmpeg is not a C++ project and it is
actually a slight disadvantage if you know C++.)

Carl Eugen